• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for EO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for EO

EO,

reading your location, is that somewhere in the Dordogne ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes
    EO,

reading your location, is that somewhere in the Dordogne ?

Milan.
    Castle Saburac ?
    This is a fictional location from a tv series called Catweazle. He was an 11 century wizard who was being chased by the Normans, jumped into a lake and surfaced in 1960's rural England. He set up home in an old army water tank which he called Castle Saburac. (When spelled backwards incidentally this comes out as carubaS).
    Catweazle had a familiar who was a toad called touchwood and he befriended a local lad called Carrot. Carrot astounded Catweazle with his command of such magics as electrickery and the telling bone.
    I got the boxed set on DVD about the time I picked the avatar.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
      Castle Saburac ?
      This is a fictional location from a tv series called Catweazle. He was an 11 century wizard who was being chased by the Normans, jumped into a lake and surfaced in 1960's rural England. He set up home in an old army water tank which he called Castle Saburac. (When spelled backwards incidentally this comes out as carubaS).
      Catweazle had a familiar who was a toad called touchwood and he befriended a local lad called Carrot. Carrot astounded Catweazle with his command of such magics as electrickery and the telling bone.
      I got the boxed set on DVD about the time I picked the avatar.

Wasn't there a TV series in th 70s or 80s of the same name with John Pertwee?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        Wasn't there a TV series in th 70s or 80s of the same name with John Pertwee?
        No ,I think that was Wurzel Gummidge

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
          No ,I think that was Wurzel Gummidge

Wasn't there a TV series though called Catweazle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            Wasn't there a TV series though called Catweazle
            Yes, and a wrestler too.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Geoffrey Bayldon played catweazle.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001933/#actor

Comment

Working...
              X