• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to make a nil payment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a nil payment?

I have a small bill for income tax & NI for my company and the IR owe me just under £250 for online PAYE filing last year. I want to use this credit to pay by bill. Apart from ignoring the bill how do I make a nil payment so the payment comes off my credit?

Also will I get an additional payment for online filing this year?

You have to send them a yellow slip with "NIL" written on it.

I always pay by online banking. The only time I had to send them any paper work was when I had nothing to pay.

That's beauracracy for you.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Not so sure about that.

You make a NIL payment if there is nothing to pay. If you have to pay an amount that is smaller than £250 send a payslip with £120 etc on it but no money so the amount is now £130 etc.

If you owe more than £250 then write £300 and send £50. Or at least that is how I read it.

Comment

Working...
      X