• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will You Excercise the Right........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will You Excercise the Right........

To Vote?

Who's actually bothering to vote today?
    ...Have voted / intend to vote today
    39.29%
    ...Will not vote / do not intend to vote today
    14.29%
    ...Never vote as a matter of choice
    14.29%
    ...Have no elections in my part of the world
    32.14%

The poll is expired.

Since I'm not working I might.

Comment

If you don't then you are lazy, and a numpty.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
        If you don't then you are lazy, and a numpty.
        I shall do my democratic duty and soil my ballot paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          To Vote?

Who's actually bothering to vote today?
          I got out of the habit while poll tax dodging and now can't find anyone worth voting for.

Comment

It's only 50 yards to the polling station, and I'm at home today anyway so I have pleanty of time.

But, who the hell am I going to vote for? No idea. Maybe there's a loony candidate.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Hopefully there's a "None of the above" option. A vote of no confidence.
              "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                I shall do my democratic duty and soil my ballot paper.
                How to annoy the returning officer. Don't spoil your ballot paper. Take it away with you.

This then means that at the initial count the number of ballot papers in the box does not agree with the number issued. They then have to recount. Ultimately all the candidates have to agree to the difference in numbers of papers cast v those issued.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
                  How to annoy the returning officer. Don't spoil your ballot paper. Take it away with you.

This then means that at the initial count the number of ballot papers in the box does not agree with the number issued. They then have to recount. Ultimately all the candidates have to agree to the difference in numbers of papers cast v those issued.
                  'Soil' not 'Spoil' - that will annoy the returning officer alright.

Comment

I was planning on voting but I have no idea which party is good or bad around here.

Therefore I'm thinking that a miss-placed vote could be more damaging than not voting at all

Comment

Working...
                    X