• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smokefree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokefree

Anyone here received a letter with 'NO SMOKING' stickers relating to the Smokefree laws. According to the literature, it looks like I'm obliged to display a large sticker on my front door declaring that 'It is against the law to smoke on these premises'.

Or should I just put this on the door to my office, despite the fact that neither my wife or I smoke.

Furthermore, do I have to provide a sheltered area in the garden for any clients who may be visiting in case they want to spark up like the pubs are doing?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Originally posted by Flubster
    Anyone here received a letter with 'NO SMOKING' stickers relating to the Smokefree laws. According to the literature, it looks like I'm obliged to display a large sticker on my front door declaring that 'It is against the law to smoke on these premises'.

Or should I just put this on the door to my office, despite the fact that neither my wife or I smoke.

Furthermore, do I have to provide a sheltered area in the garden for any clients who may be visiting in case they want to spark up like the pubs are doing?

Sounds like you've been targeted by the Tobacco Taliban

Comment

On one office door I have this rather sad sign I picked up at the seaside once:

Do you mind if I smoke?

Do you mind if I fart?
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster

Oooh - does this mean I can legitimately buy patio furniture and a heat lamp for my back yard? As it's my business address, I should be legally bound to provide a smoking area for me shouldn't I?
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Oooh - does this mean I can legitimately buy patio furniture and a heat lamp for my back yard? As it's my business address, I should be legally bound to provide a smoking area for me shouldn't I?

I'm sure you'll fall foul of some law passed by the Fag Fascists

Comment

There is a fine (suprise suprise) if you fail to display the correct "No smoking" signage at a place of work or retail premises where there is likely to be public access. Plenty of burger flippers are being retrained as the gestapo to grass up people who smoke in a banned place, or those who allow it to happen on their premises. Another step towards a police state?

Also seen this:

Smoking could still be banned at certain outdoor locations that are 'substantially enclosed', such as football grounds and railway platforms.

Can't wait for it to come into effect. I hate the stink of smoke on my clothes after going to a pub or club.
            "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Its been banned up here in Scotland for a while, every pub you pass now always has a few smokers lingering outside the front door.

Comment

I think there are rules which say if the company consists of just one person (eg contractor, lorry driver) then you can smoke BUT if someone else is present (eg a co driver) then you can't.

Comment

Working...
                X