• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Interview

How long after an interview would you wait before giving up hope for the role?

Originally posted by Diestl
    About one day.

Comment

The ride home.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It was a telephone interview, agent phoned a few hours after asking how it went, but hadn't heard back from the client yet.

Comment

2 days max. If you phone the agent and they're busy, on another call or out to lunch, forget about it.

Comment

Depends on the client..

Small company, hours.

Big beauracracy.. Well, I once got a call 3 weeks after an interview asking when I could start [public sector] - had already been working elsewhere for 2.

Comment

Ah well guess I didn't get it, thought the interview went well was on for 45mins, and I only got a few hours notice for the interview.

Comment

It was a telephone interview, agent phoned a few hours after asking how it went, but hadn't heard back from the client yet.
                90% of the time if the client likes u they will get on the blower asap. There is every chance that a decent contractor will pick up something else if they drag their heels. Maybe they have others to i/view, but if u were one of the last and u haven't heard after 1 - 2 days then it's not going to happen, sorry chief.

Comment

Originally posted by timh
                  Depends on the client..

Small company, hours.

Big beauracracy.. Well, I once got a call 3 weeks after an interview asking when I could start [public sector] - had already been working elsewhere for 2.
                  It's a bluechip financial company.

Comment

Ah well guess I didn't get it, thought the interview went well was on for 45mins, and I only got a few hours notice for the interview.
                    Yeah u get some like that. I had one last week, I'd worked for the company twice before, blitzed the technical questions, had a good laugh with the guys, was waiting for agent to call so I could ask for 50 squids more a day when I was offered it - no call. Got a curt email 3 days later saying sorry they didn't think I was right for the role. CCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNTTTT TTT.

Comment

Working...
                    X