• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wie gaat er mee/qui veut sortir?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wie gaat er mee/qui veut sortir?

No doubt my French will get a spelling smiley from someone, but in the interest of friendship between the Belgian communities I did my best.

In anycase, given that we now seem to have more people in this part of the woods than I can remember for a long time, and the stories of riotous parties with CUK members back in the UK, I thought I would dare to suggest the idea of a CUK drink in Brussels one evening.

What do the assorted panel think?

I no longer work in Brussels but I really enjoyed my time there. It's been a few years but where does everybody drink these days? I used to play a tune in the Wild Geese and some of the other Irish pubs, Herman the German's (Fontainebleau), Le Grand Bleu just off the top end of Avenue Louise was great for a pint and an omelette avec frites. JJ's, Rick's, the James Joyce.

Lot's of 30 something single / divorced women for the...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I am about an hour away from Brussels so could make it. Depends when and at what time. I tend to work long hours so I can get home for weekends.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Joe, I'm coming to Brussels for the next contract

Milan.

Comment

When's your current contract finishing Milan (so I have time to get a new suitcase )

Seriously though, would be nice if we could round up a few people for a couple of pints as we seem to have half a dozen or so now working or based round here.

Are you going to be commuting MB, or here fulltime?

Comment

commuting with one day a week from home

do you have any links to poor man's accomodation
            in brussels ?

thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Bien Sûr

Originally posted by Joe Black

When's your current contract finishing Milan (so I have time to get a new suitcase )

Seriously though, would be nice if we could round up a few people for a couple of pints as we seem to have half a dozen or so now working or based round here.

Are you going to be commuting MB, or here fulltime?
              Good idea Joe, midweek generally best for me. Central or somewhere a bit classier (pas malodorant pour le moins?)

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                commuting with one day a week from home

do you have any links to poor man's accomodation
                in brussels ?

thanks,

Milan.
                Milan.

Aparthotels are big here and are perfect for the short term contractor. Vary hugely in price - do a google but I used these guys when I came out here at first. http://www.immobe.be/

A mate also stayed here http://www.easyliving.be/en/location.asp and he liked it as it was opposite a good Irish Pub.

Comment

thanks I'll check,

one thing, if we all go for a beer I'm not getting the first round

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
                    Good idea Joe, midweek generally best for me. Central or somewhere a bit classier (pas malodorant pour le moins?)
                    Midweek might be the best option. I'm open to suggestions on a place, but one things for sure near my work (Evere/Zaventem) is definately not among the recommendations.

What's the preferences, central, terrrace, classic (e.g La Mort Subite)?

Comment

Working...
                    X