• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Elections

Anyone give a tulip?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Yes if the results show Labour on the way out. Do they?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I wanted to vote, but there was nobody I could vote for.

New Labour = Conservative = tulipe.
      Lib Dem: used to like, but have proved themselves to be tossers.
      Plaid: I don't support nationalism.
      Green: (There wasn't a Green option locally, but even if there was I don't believe their stated policies would be remotely enough to accomplish their stated goals.)

All a bit crap, really.

Comment

We didn't even have a Labour candidate. Disenfranchised, that's what we were.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          We didn't even have a Labour candidate. Disenfranchised, that's what we were.
          do you live somehwere reet posh?!

Comment

Labour out of control here..but the Labour candidate beat the LibDem incumbant in my ward. Bummer.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I posted about filling out my postal ballot last week. 15 candidates for my parish council. 11 Tories, so no vote there (I still have nightmares about Thatcher and Cameron's an idiot). So I was left with a choice of 4 independents (no Labour or Lib Dems).

I had no information through the door about these people, and one of the lazy feckers actually lives in the same building (Manor House converted to smaller houses).

I tried to Google them. I get nothing other than finding out what 2 of them do for a living. They don't even have a write-up in the local paper about the candidates. How do these people expect anyone to vote for them?
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Nightmare of a choice up north, three to choose from three labour and one independant. no stuff on the independant but had to be a better choice than labour.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                  I posted about filling out my postal ballot last week. 15 candidates for my parish council. 11 Tories, so no vote there (I still have nightmares about Thatcher and Cameron's an idiot). So I was left with a choice of 4 independents (no Labour or Lib Dems).

I had no information through the door about these people, and one of the lazy feckers actually lives in the same building (Manor House converted to smaller houses).

I tried to Google them. I get nothing other than finding out what 2 of them do for a living. They don't even have a write-up in the local paper about the candidates. How do these people expect anyone to vote for them?
                  Ah good old cut and paste eh?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    Ah good old cut and paste eh?
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                    X