• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gmail and Ebay Hijacked. But....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail and Ebay Hijacked. But....

So some little arse managed to get into my gmail account. And then he got my Ebay account. Luckily I noticed within 24 hours and got Ebay to cancel all the bids, etc. 3 days later Google pulled their finger out of their arse and I now have that back too. No actual harm done (read: no money went out of my account!) but I really don't want to leave this.

From the ebay emails in my gmail account I have the address (in Nigeria) that this guy wanted to ship items too. My question is: is there a governing body or someone that I can report this activity to? The Americans have the IC3 or something like that but the nearest thing I can find is "report it to your local police station" Right....

Haven't looked through all the email yet and I'm sure that Nigerian address is fake but surely someone must be interested in this info

No, HTH.

Comment

The police?

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
        So some little arse managed to get into my gmail account. And then he got my Ebay account. Luckily I noticed within 24 hours and got Ebay to cancel all the bids, etc. 3 days later Google pulled their finger out of their arse and I now have that back too. No actual harm done (read: no money went out of my account!) but I really don't want to leave this.

From the ebay emails in my gmail account I have the address (in Nigeria) that this guy wanted to ship items too. My question is: is there a governing body or someone that I can report this activity to? The Americans have the IC3 or something like that but the nearest thing I can find is "report it to your local police station" Right....

Haven't looked through all the email yet and I'm sure that Nigerian address is fake but surely someone must be interested in this info

Twas on the radio yesterday that the highest prison population in the UK are the Nigerians.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Eh? Surely that must be proportional to the UK population, right?

Comment

Give us all the address and we'll all send a hot steamy tulip in a box!

HTH
            l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Tell the NHTCU...

...and watch them laugh in your face!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                Twas on the radio yesterday that the highest prison population in the UK are the Nigerians.
                Some mistake surely?

Even as a percentage, I find this hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                  Surely that'd be English, closely followed by Scots?
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X