• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Labour at their best!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Labour at their best!

Labour may challenge Scots vote
    The Labour party may take legal action over the Scottish parliament election results, because up to 100,000 ballot papers were counted as spoiled across Scotland in the election.

Former minister Allan Wilson, who narrowly lost in Cunninghame North, is discussing the possibility of a court challenge with Labour party solicitors.
    Feckin priceless! They can't run a piss-up in a brewery, and now they want to sue themselves because of it?

Words beggar belief....

Out of interest, could the forum posters who voted Labour please add your names to this list, so I can put you on ignore and make a record that you approved of the following :

1) War in Iraq
    2) Loans for Peerages
    3) NHS Metldown
    4) Police State UK

"But Geek.....I didn't approve of those things,, but but but"

Well, why did you vote for them then ? Muppet...
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Amusingly the number of "postal voters" has dropped dramatically. I've only heard of one councillor getting jailed for the previous high though. He was Labour party as if you couldn't guess.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Amusingly the number of "postal voters" has dropped dramatically. I've only heard of one councillor getting jailed for the previous high though. He was Labour party as if you couldn't guess.
        This very issue was being discussed on Radio 4 this morning. The presenters were talking to a professor or something of political science at some ivory tower university and it seems that a court chalenge might be more difficult to win than thought.

The issue of so many thousand ballot papers being invalid seems to be one of administrative incompetence as opposed to direct or indirect fraud. The latter needs to be proved for a judge to declare the election invalid under the Representation of the People Act.

I'll be watching this one with interest.

Comment

Working...
        X