• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Office = poison chalice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Office = poison chalice

Reid to quit as home secretary

Home Secretary John Reid has said he will stand down as home secretary in June "when Tony Blair goes". Mr Reid said he will back Gordon Brown as the next Labour leader but wants to give the chancellor "space" to establish himself.
    Probably the safest thing for “9 jobs in 10 years “ Reid to do, rather than be made a scapegoat like his predecessor Clarke.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    Probably the safest thing for “9 jobs in 10 years “ Reid to do, rather than be made a scapegoat like his predecessor Clarke.
    Reid knows he's got no chance of a cabinet post under Gordo so it makes sense to withdraw gracefully than get the elbow. There's going to be a lot of nose-browning and horse trading over the next 2 - 3 months.

Comment

I resigned because I need to recharge my batteries. I'm sure that Gordon Brown will be a fine Prime Minister.

Comment

Originally posted by johnreid
        I resigned because I need to recharge my batteries.
        If your avatar is anything to go by, you're plugged into the mains.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X