• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agency ethical dilemma?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agency ethical dilemma?

I am in the unusual position of being able to sting my agency. Normally, I wouldn't dream of doing so, but this particular agency have been playing dirty tricks. Question is: how much should I take them for?

1) The amount they ripped me off by?
    2) Their commission for the entire contract?
    3) The maximum possible (about twice (2))?

A few years ago, I had a similar opportunity, but the agency then were playing fair so I didn't pursue.

I recommend reading your contracts very closely - it can be profitable :-)

(1) leaves you with the moral high ground.

Option (4) is to name and shame.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Whatever would clear your conscience and overdraft. That's probably (3).
      Go get them tigger!

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
        I am in the unusual position of being able to sting my agency. Normally, I wouldn't dream of doing so, but this particular agency have been playing dirty tricks.
        What sort of dirty tricks?

If you want opinions from here, it would help to know how naughty the agency has been, in order to recommend the correct

Comment

I think you'll find most folk in here woul dopt for number 3 especially if they have been unscrupulous.

Comment

How much did they take you for by the way? Can you tell us the agency?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
              I am in the unusual position of being able to sting my agency. Normally, I wouldn't dream of doing so, but this particular agency have been playing dirty tricks. Question is: how much should I take them for?

1) The amount they ripped me off by?
              2) Their commission for the entire contract?
              3) The maximum possible (about twice (2))?

A few years ago, I had a similar opportunity, but the agency then were playing fair so I didn't pursue.

I recommend reading your contracts very closely - it can be profitable :-)
              Please explain ? I can't believe an agency has left themselves in a position were you are going to be able to claim twice their cut without one hell of a fight. What appear to be legal arguments in your favour when dealing with agencies are often irrelevant as they'll get nasty quickly and will stoop a lot lower than you in any fight.

Comment

Choose whichever option stops them coming and biting you in the arse in a few months/years time...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X