• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ecommerce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecommerce

Looking to build a web site for a single event.
    Will need to provide on-line purchasing for tickets to the event and a few pieces of merchandising.
    Any thoughts on the best way to do this...?
    Have looked at Actinic but £350 seems a bit of a top heavy solution.

looks lke a simple site with online trans. facilities such as www.paypal.com might provide. if the catalogue is small, no real need for a database.

Comment

yes, but the cost of getting a secure site hosted is never going to be cheap

Comment

yes but no need for a secure site..all that could be handled on a redirect offsite.

Comment

what is the issue...

having the site made?
          having the site hosted?
          doing the transaction side?

Comment

The hosting / general web pages are not a big issue.
            The main area where I do not have the experience is the online shopping / payment bit.
            The project is a web site for a single event in 2003. It is a 3 day martial arts seminar so the items to be sold are limited,
            training package / training package with accomodation plus a few items of merchandising etc.
            The client is a personal friend so I want to keep costs down.

The way I see it working is as follows:
            Customer selects the package / items they want.
            Prior to payment they will need to register their personal information plus accept terms and conditions of the event (eg the organisers do not accept responsibilty for injuries / training rules)
            Payment is then processed by credit card.

The problem is I need a shopping cart / check out solution that allows for the terms / conditions aspect + the payment handling bit. Also I need the ability to easily get to what has been ordered by people to advise the hotels etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated ... it appears to be mainly a cost benefit exercise in trying to pull all the bits together.

Comment

www.mobius-uk.co.uk

And ask for Carol. Say Rob sent you !!

Best to mention your budget, before she starts laughing though!

Comment

Working...
              X