• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P35/P14 online filing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P35/P14 online filing

Just wondered if there was any extension this year for online filing? My deatils are not shoing up through the revenue portal and I phoned up the IR helpdesk, and they said they were aware of a problem and trying to rectify it asap.

Trust them to f88k everything up so close to the deadline. I did ask whether that meant a extension to the dealdine, but the lady I spoke to couldnt advise on this.

Anyone heard any different?

Major cock-up if no-one can file online

I registered to do EOY stuff online a couple of years ago.

I logged in on Bank Holiday Monday and breezed through it all - P35/P14 done and ack received from HMRC.

Have you actually registered and received your log in details YNWA?

Comment

I have also done online filing for last two years, but this time my deatils are missing.

When I phoned the helpdesk, they said they were aware of a problem and were trying to resolve it????

Probably only affected some then....

Comment

In that case - bummer!

If I were you, I'd email the helpline, explain the situation, ask them to email you acknowledging receipt and asking them what you're supposed to do. That way you have it in writing.

Or, otherwise, call the helpline again and as soon as you get through, have a tape recorder ready and let your first words be, as you press the 'record' button

"This telephone conversation may be recorded for training or legal purposes"

then say 'hello' and ask the question again.

Comment

I've been advised today that HMRC have acknowledged that there have been some serious problems with the online filing systems this year and that for this year only the deadline has been extended to midnight on 28th May 2007.

They will also be looking more sympathetically at penalty appeals when the employer can show "circumstances beyond their control" have delayed the filing even more than that.

Comment

Working...
          X