• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

property experts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

property experts

One for all the property 'experts' out there. I'm just trying to complete buying a house and the same old problems have come up including the vendors getting unnecessarily difficult over anything and everything. Getting tempted to say sod it and let them look for another cash buyer but biting my lip as best I can. It is a leasehold house ( 1920s 999 year lease ) and they had an extension in the 1970s without the landlord's consent. This seems to be part of all long term leases. The easy way round it is for the vendor to pay for an indemnity policy but they are refusing to do that ( costs a few hundred quid ) quoting a 20 year rule meaning they don't need to. I'm loathe to pay it myself. It's very unlikely it'll ever cause a problem but means I would have to go through this if I sell on. To get the retrospective permission can be pricey. My solicitor is saying they have to get it sorted ! She is good and I have used for all sorts of stuff without problems and she is very very p***ed off with their side. Opinions please !?

Don't buy now unless you are as rich as Xerxes, or even threaded

Comment

There are only two points worth considering regarding property

1 Grey Slates remain - Grey Slates

2 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:19-21

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
        My solicitor is saying they have to get it sorted ! She is good and I have used for all sorts of stuff without problems and she is very very p***ed off with their side. Opinions please !?
        Most definitely take the advice of your solicitor. Advice is what you pay her for. Don't purchase unless your solicitor is satisfied.

I don't know why you are asking on here, really. It's a no-brainer.

Comment

I agree with Wendi. Walk away.
          Leasehold? Dodgy extension?
          Unless it is the bargain of the century.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Walk away. Sounds like a mare.

The crash cometh anyway.

Comment

Can't believe I asked on here either ! Trying to let off a bit of steam and prevent myself hurling abuse at the vendor. Swinging towards playing hardball with them but then they seem the type to take revenge somehow or other. I am the dream cash buyer but they don't seem to know that yet !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
                Can't believe I asked on here either ! Trying to let off a bit of steam and prevent myself hurling abuse at the vendor. Swinging towards playing hardball with them but then they seem the type to take revenge somehow or other. I am the dream cash buyer but they don't seem to know that yet !
                They might if you threaten to walk away!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  They might if you threaten to walk away!
                  Exactly ! Getting tempted ! Already had a look at what else is on the market, not much is the answer so I'll bite my lip some more. I've been waiting to weald some power with my wad but this bloody housing market keeps going up. I'm guessing I'll be timing the top to perfection.

Comment

I'm with everyone else here.

This is their problem. They have to sort it. If they won't, then unless they get lucky and find someone with a lazy solicitor they will never find a buyer.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X