• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Era of the Gold Digger?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Era of the Gold Digger?

I have, for the past 45 mins been overhearing a conversation by 5 female permies about the absolute requirement for potential suitors to have money - the more the better. This conversation is not reserved for the bimboid-tendency, it also includes 2 women who are intelligent, articulate and in their late thirties.

By the way they were talking, you would think that mutual attraction didn't matter, so long as they 'got a slice' if it all ended in tears.

Naively, I though gold-diggers were small in their numbers but it seems, from their conversation, that the size of a man's wallet and bank balance is a definite box to be ticked and a wide spread attitude.

Any women posters here agree / disagree? Any male posters agree / disagree?

Originally posted by Kyajae
    By the way they were talking, you would think that mutual attraction didn't matter, so long as they 'got a slice' if it all ended in tears.
    When, not if...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Maybe Sharia Laws are not that bad afterall...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        I have, for the past 45 mins been overhearing a conversation by 5 female permies about the absolute requirement for potential suitors to have money - the more the better. This conversation is not reserved for the bimboid-tendency, it also includes 2 women who are intelligent, articulate and in their late thirties.

Naively, I though gold-diggers were small in their numbers but it seems, from their conversation, that the size of a man's wallet and bank balance is a definite box to be ticked and a wide spread attitude.

Any women posters here agree / disagree? Any male posters agree / disagree?
        At least if it is to do with the size of your wallet Kyajae you might stand an outside chance of pulling
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think it's called 'Toxic housewife syndrome'
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            At least if it is to do with the size of your wallet Kyajae you might stand an outside chance of pulling

Comment

Curiously if you consider the growth of the man's wallet to be linear, the actual increase in gold-digging greed appears to be exponential. As a contractor, I am now subjectively poorer than when I was a permie due to the increase in the gold-digging factor. Massive houses and luxury holidays are now required to maintain the status quo, rather than the cinema and chinese takeaway of 'yore'.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
                Curiously if you consider the growth of the man's wallet to be linear, the actual increase in gold-digging greed appears to be exponential. As a contractor, I am now subjectively poorer than when I was a permie due to the increase in the gold-digging factor. Massive houses and luxury holidays are now required to maintain the status quo, rather than the cinema and chinese takeaway of 'yore'.
                Bin her.
                mmmmm stella

Comment

"Happy Meal" in McDies still works for me

Milan.

Comment

And the house, and the kids. No ta, I'll just sit somewhere within earshot of all of you and bitch about her all day.

Comment

Working...
                    X