• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

perennial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perennial

Is Her Majesty the Queen the world's last remaining head of state to have served in uniform in WWII?
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    Is Her Majesty the Queen the world's last remaining head of state to have served in uniform in WWII?

Yes, I think she served tea & biscuits on 2nd October 1940 whilst wearing a rather fetching WRAF uniform

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Yes, I think she served tea & biscuits on 2nd October 1940 whilst wearing a rather fetching WRAF uniform
      No, she was an Army driver in 1945. There is a photo that records her changing a lorry tyre.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        She was only 14!

Comment

She may well be. Andrew Willoughby Ninian Bertie did serve in the army but only in 1948.

For those who don't know him, he is "His Most Eminent Highness Fra Andrew Willoughby Ninian Bertie, Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem, of Rhodes and of Malta, Most Humble Guardian of the Poor of Jesus Christ"

Which apparantly makes him a head of state. On the plus side he's a top bloke who taught me a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X