• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

never realised seagulls lived for so long

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never realised seagulls lived for so long

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotl...ds/6641021.stm
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Albert is AtW and I claim my 5 roubles.

Comment

They don't know how long Albatross' live because they are known to live longer than the rings they put on them.

Parrots are considered to be the longest lived birds. Apparently Winston Churchill bought a parrot that was captured in the wild, he was the third owner, and it is said to still be alive today, which of the contenders it actually is may be a moot point, but they are all well over 100 years old.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

reminds of the story of the Darwin's little green 4 legged friend he picked up on those Islands West of South America
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
          reminds of the story of the Darwin's little green 4 legged friend he picked up on those Islands West of South America
          Yeah, he's still around posting on the odd forum.

Oh, you mean the Giant Tortoise. Lovely soup...

Comment

you animal you, I've got a bowl of soya soup for you

Comment

ya idiot...its an albatross not a sea gull!

as different as a ferile cat and a tiger

Comment

Originally posted by buffdaddy

<ahem>The cat is no longer in the bag. <See ZG for clarification>

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
                  Albert is AtW and I claim my 5 roubles.
                  And you are the guy who looked up and I dropped one on yer face

Comment

Originally posted by buffdaddy

wow - thanks for that, Intellectually challenged is I.

Right I need a flight to Edinburgh and the only one I can get goes via Oslo, then Copenhagen or smelly Gatwick,,,, what’s a contractor to do?

Comment

Working...
                    X