• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: ID Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: ID Cards

looks like the price is going up more than a lot of folk expected

still taxes will cover it...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nblair611.xml

Milan.

maybe no-one's looked at the article, they are estimating the cost
    at 2bn now !

Milan.

Comment

When the plan was announced in 2004, the likely cost was given as £3.1 bn, with each card costing about £30.

Costs have now risen to £5.55 billion - some £2.4 billion higher. Cards are now predicted to cost £93, but this may have to rise to £100 or the taxpayer will have to meet the additional expense.
      Another amusing story of Labour's fiscal incompetence, but I thought Brown wanted to drop the scheme, likewise the tories, in which case it will be academic.

Comment

Oh please let it be another Oracle project! Please, please, please, please, please!!!!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Given their levels of competence, they're probably trying to do it in Access.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
            Given their levels of competence, they're probably trying to do it in Access.
            You think you jest. The truth is far more bizarre. But at least it won't work, which is a bit of a relief I guess.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              You think you jest. The truth is far more bizarre. But at least it won't work, which is a bit of a relief I guess.
              Do you know the technologies like Threaded? Have they mentioned them yet?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Oh please let it be another Oracle project! Please, please, please, please, please!!!!!
                I've heard its .Net

Comment

Who has the contract?

Comment

I heard its Eiffel.

Comment

Working...
                    X