• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: 5.5%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: 5.5%

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...1/nrates11.xml

up up and away

anyone feelin' the pain yet ?

Milan.

I was upset did not go straight for 5.75% - inflation now outside target range.

Mind you, the target inflation should always have included mortgague repayments. house prices would be nice - but these days most houses are bought for a pension rather than to live in.

Comment

There is always high interest rates when a country is at war. It's the government that needs to borrow the big money and attract savers. Any interest rate rise is blamed on the people but think about it. It's government services that cause inflation not the price of clothes at Primark or the price of your Ipod at Dixons. Wage inflation is near 0%.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
        There is always high interest rates when a country is at war. It's the government that needs to borrow the big money and attract savers. Any interest rate rise is blamed on the people but think about it. It's government services that cause inflation not the price of clothes at Primark or the price of your Ipod at Dixons. Wage inflation is near 0%.

How dare you mention Primark on a contractors board...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          How dare you mention Primark on a contractors board...

I think it was derogatory, so it's probably ok...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Many are expecting a crash in 2009

Most bubbles, like internet stocks and Japanese land, go through an exponential phase before breaking, usually short in time but dramatic in extent.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              How about C&A?
              I like C&A! Every time I go to France I go there and stock up for the next six months or so. I too was hoping for 5.75% as I need to get some investment action going on my business account... Cater Allen have some fixed term bonds that look ok. (sorry for off-topic!).

Comment

still way too low. need 7%.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
                  I like C&A! Every time I go to France I go there and stock up for the next six months or so. I too was hoping for 5.75% as I need to get some investment action going on my business account... Cater Allen have some fixed term bonds that look ok. (sorry for off-topic!).

hey tell me more about hte fixed term bonds from CA please....
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

looks like no one here is affected then

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X