• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays Group

Anyone worked for one of the Barclays groups b4? Capital, Wealth etc Thoughts?

Worked for Barclays: Enable which is basically the banks IT infrastructure group. I was there a few times, had its good and bad points.

Good points being, long gigs, the fact that you could hide in a corner and get a good long contract out of it. Lots of opportunity to go from team to team on different contracts. I was at Radders too, so the environment was good to work in.

Bad points, contractors are usually in via their preferred agency and as such quite a static contract, not much room for ir35 negotiations. Every now and they they have a purge on contractors, something like take a 20% rate cut or leave.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I've been at Radders too, twice...

Once on an Andersons project, the second it was Xansa (formerly "Feminists International Group").

Comment

I was there twice, each time through Spring. Working in the DC Management Team
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Where are these barclays groups offices located?

Comment

It won't be Poole as they're closing the Poole office in 3 years and halving the number of staff there - announced yesterday

Wealth are moving from near Tower Bridge to the HQ in Canary Wharf and BarCap are near Canary Wharf

Comment

I did a C++ brainbench test for Barclays Capital yesterday.

It was teh hard

Comment

Did over 5 years at Radbroke a few years back (yeah I know disguised permie) set me up nicely, nice site etc Got into a terrible rut though and glad to be outsourced and requested to leave in the end.
                Won the Mike Green cup twice also....which was nice !

Comment

This was discussed not that long ago

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...-barclays.html

Comment

Originally posted by SoupDragon
                    I did a C++ brainbench test for Barclays Capital yesterday.

It was teh hard
                    You have to practice it. The chances are that if you didn't you'll have failed. They usually expect 70% plus.

You can do practice runs, which are quite cheap.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X