• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company and Subsitance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited company and Subsitance

Can you claim food allowance on your limited if your working at client site

Technically yes - but for 'flying below the radar' some people say don't do it.

I'm claiming as much as I can - rent/bills/broadband etc. My accountant thinks it's fine.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK
      Nope...
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

No.

You might be able to reclaim money spent though.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

>>I'm claiming as much as I can - rent/bills/broadband etc. My accountant >>thinks it's fine.

I claim mileage only...so I'm missing out here.

My broadband is coming now from sky. I pay as single direct debit for this which includes TV, multiroom, SKY+ etc etc....can I claim this as a broadband service? It'd be cool if I could, I'd probably upgrade and get the top package if so

You say rent....? eh?

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK
            Nixon Williams say only for overnight stays.

Harumph.

Comment

Our view is certainly that lunch cannot be provided.

If you arer staying away from home overnight then you can certainly claim for breakfast and an evening meal.

Alan

Comment

I've had the IR question Lunch claims - so def not worth it IMO, especially for a few quid a day.

Comment

I have always been told that you cannot claim lunch although some do. Even on evening meals while staying away, strictly, one can only claim anything above what you would have spent anyway, although there is an internal IR guidance booklet that says that if you have to spend more than normal the whole amount is allowable.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No you cant claiming all that!! Only mileage as far as I was aware

Comment

Working...
                    X