• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Coming, Sh1te Weather Predicted, So...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Coming, Sh1te Weather Predicted, So...

....anyone have any plans.

I think I'll be down the pub, mostly.

Originally posted by Kyajae

I was going to do some clay shooting, but I don't want to get my barrells wet - so I'll probably follow suit...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

reviewing a gig tonight for bbc website then off to do some male bonding with mates... happ days..
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
        I was going to do some clay shooting, but I don't want to get my barrells wet - so I'll probably follow suit...
        EO - I'm interested in taking that up, how complicated is gun ownership/licences etc to set up? Quite straightforward or a proper pain?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae

Yeah, something told me that you were single.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
            EO - I'm interested in taking that up, how complicated is gun ownership/licences etc to set up? Quite straightforward or a proper pain?
            As long as you have a clean record, and have good justification for wanting a gun, it's totally straightforward. If you've never done it before, I'd strongly recommend having lessons - primarily, Plod is only interested in how safe you are, what you understand about gun security, etc, etc, and not how good a shot you are... Visit a clay ground and have tuition, and ask them these questions.

The proverbial 'they' dont want us to have guns of any description, but if you can prove that you're not going to kill anyone, and that you're safe, etc, you'll be fine.

Lemme know if you want to know anything else.
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

but I don't want to get my barrells wet
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

The proverbial 'they' dont want us to have guns of any description, but if you can prove that you're not going to kill anyone, and that you're safe, etc, you'll be fine.
                I think RH might have trouble with this part.

Comment

As long as you have a clean record, and have good justification for wanting a gun, it's totally straightforward. If you've never done it before, I'd strongly recommend having lessons - primarily, Plod is only interested in how safe you are, what you understand about gun security, etc, etc, and not how good a shot you are... Visit a clay ground and have tuition, and ask them these questions.

Lemme know if you want to know anything else.
                  Cheers - I had skeet lessons a fair old while ago - went shooting loads of times. Now I live on the edge of London I haven't had much chance to get out and go shooting.
                  Been taught (informally) about gun safety but they may require some certificate or formal training. I have a full, clean CRB so background shoud check out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    Well you may laugh - ever had wet barrells?

Comment

Working...
                    X