• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ah, Well That's Alright, Then.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, Well That's Alright, Then.

11 Menezes police face no action

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6646537.stm

So, I guess we'll never know why it takes 8 bullets at point-blank range to the head to kill an innocent man when one normaly does the trick.

I realise this killing happened at a very tense time, but the ramifications for all of us in the future should make us all worried.

The xoggoth Saturday rescuing of posts with zero comments at the bottom of the page strikes again. Who was that masked stranger?

PS Also it deserves more than zero comments. When the police are allowed to act as casually as that it presents a danger to everyone.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 12 May 2007, 09:24.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This has already been done to death.

I believe the consensus of opinion was "Oh Dear, how sad, never mind, life goes on."

Comment

But it's happened before - and it certainly will happen again
        And remember-you don't have to be very bright to be a Police Officer

1983: Man shot by police hunting David Martin
        A man has been critically injured in a police ambush in a west London street in what may be a case of mistaken identity.
        Witnesses said marksmen surrounded a car in a traffic jam in Pembroke Road in Earls Court and opened fire.
        The driver was shot several times in the head and body.
        The man shot in the ambush was later named as Stephen Waldorf.
        Film editor Mr Waldorf, 26, had no direct connection to David Martin.
        But police believed his female passenger, Sue Stephens, to be Mr Martin's girlfriend.
        Two officers, John Jardine and Peter Finch, stood trial for attempted murder and attempted wounding but were cleared of all charges in October 1983.
        The pair remained in the police force but were barred from firearm duties.
        Stephen Waldorf made a full recovery and eventually received £150,000 compensation.
        David Martin was recaptured soon after the shooting but hanged himself in jail in 1984 before his trial
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
        X