• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Reading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Reading

Hi everyone, I'm new to these pages and a newbie contractor to boot.

My first gig is in Reading (Berks) which is about 1.5 or 2 hours drive for me. I don't know whether to stay there 3 or 4 nights a week.

Any recommendations on places ?

a hotel or a B&B would be good

Comment

If you know you'll be working there for a while it may be an idea to plan ahead and try and book some of the £26 Travellodge rooms. I think you need to book about 2 weeks ahead but earlier if possible. There must be plenty of Travellodges in the area to choose from (if you drive).

Comment

London - Reading is only 25 mins away by train out of Padington.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

My last gig was in Winnersh Triangle, near Reading. I drove it from Portsmouth each day - about 1.5 hours each way.

I stayed over a few times - Holiday Inn Reading South is ok.

Depends where your gig is - if its central reading, and you stay overnight outside the centre, you could spend best part of an hour getting from hotel to gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
            London - Reading is only 25 mins away by train out of Padington.
            Maybe that's 25 mins on the Train Engine that could, but last few times that I used train there it was 40-45 mins, longer if leaves happened to fall on the rails.

Comment

Thanks guys. I checked out the Travel Lodge suggestions, there are some rooms available at £26 and quite a few at £39. I'll probably try commuting at first but it's nice to know the options.
              My gig is in Central Reading and I know the traffic is a 'mare but there is a park and ride scheme from the M4 J10.

Comment

Yeah, you can park&ride at Majeski stadium - there are buses from there to central, last time I used them it took around 20-30 mins by bus, or maybe it was 15 not sure.

Comment

Working...
                X