• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rentacoder, any use?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rentacoder, any use?

I have a small programming project I want to do at home but I don't have time to do it myself, is rentacoder any good?
    Last edited by Stan; 11 May 2007, 18:22.
    All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Doesn't particularly matter where you source a developer from - as long as you quiz them thoroughly on their past efforts and understand the general concept of "you get what you pay for".

You could always ask on here.

Comment

Has anyone done any freelance work on rentacoder or other sites ?
      Do you have to sign a contract for ir35 reasons
      and do you pay tax in UK if client is US based ?

Comment

I used rentacoder for a small programming project I wanted doing and found it very good indeed.

Comment

MarillionFan uses them for all his contract assignments - no idea if this is related to the fact that he has to move jobs every month or so, and now he is not even allowed to use Internet at work

HTH

Comment

I looked into getting work via rentacoder and one of the other sites for my old struggling permie company a few years back, but it mostly seemed to be people offering £400 for a month's work.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
              I looked into getting work via rentacoder and one of the other sites for my old struggling permie company a few years back, but it mostly seemed to be people offering £400 for a month's work.
              Yep, it's tough trying to compete with a load of teenage bedroom coders/overseas sweatshops when you're trying to pay the mortgage and bills. At the end of the day, you've got to work with clients who understand the value of your experience and skills. Or to put it another way, anybody can put together a website using Frontpage.

Comment

Working...
              X