• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon's speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon's speech

watched it on the news and very impressed

sounded more sincere than his predecessor

if he can do for the country what he has done for the economy
    the future should be bright

long may the economic miracle continue

all aboard toot toot

Milan.

With Brown, it's not what he says that matters, it's what he does. His budgets have all been like that. All full of 'help small business' but when you look at what he actually implements it's all about screwing small business.

He may say to the camera what people want to hear, but that is entirely different to what he does.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Brown's economic miracle is exactly like you extending your mortgage every year to pay your everyday living costs. The longer you do it for, the bigger the fall when the bill arrives.

Brown is as much of an incompetent, spinning koont as the last man.

Comment

It's going to be fine.

Gordon has a whole raft of "new ideas" to help save us from the mess that Tony and his cohorts have caused!

Churchill - In "TFIC" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          It's going to be fine.

Gordon has a whole raft of "new ideas" to help save us from the mess that Tony and his cohorts have caused!

Churchill - In "TFIC" mode!
          You lot are talking as if you've failed to realise that the last tens years of Blair has Brown's finger prints all over it. Alot of what Blair did was with the agreement and support of Brown. If Brown disagreed, he made sure the treasury would not stump up the money.

For Brown to start saying "Things are going to be different" is an admission of his own failures during the Blair era.

The man is a complete hypocrite with no mandate from the British people.

Comment

I thought it was the most amatuer uninspiring speech I've ever seen...the content was fine but leadership of this country is about exactly that, leadership!

It might have been nerves and he might get better...but it left me feeling pretty dispirited because if he keeps this up then we are gonna be ruled by that twit Cameron...

Peronally, I think that Boris Johnson should be PM...he'd get my vote for sure!
            Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              You lot are talking as if you've failed to realise that the last tens years of Blair has Brown's finger prints all over it. Alot of what Blair did was with the agreement and support of Brown. If Brown disagreed, he made sure the treasury would not stump up the money.

For Brown to start saying "Things are going to be different" is an admission of his own failures during the Blair era.

The man is a complete hypocrite with no mandate from the British people.
              Tongue
              Firmly
              In
              Cheek

FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
                Peronally, I think that Boris Johnson should be PM...he'd get my vote for sure!
                Firstly, he's not head of the labour party.

Secondly, he's not even head of the conservative party.

Thirdly, as likeable as the chap is, he's not PM material.

Comment

Firstly, he's not head of the labour party.

Secondly, he's not even head of the conservative party.

Thirdly, as likeable as the chap is, he's not PM material.

Would still get my vote...whats the worst that can happen?????
                  Property advisor for the people

Comment

Tongue
                    Firmly
                    In
                    Cheek

FFS!
                    It's not always easy to tell exactly where you like to stick you tongue FFS!

Comment

Working...
                    X