• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

should i take limited company with me from MSC or start new one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i take limited company with me from MSC or start new one?

I was never very happy with my msc, and I was thinking of changing even before the changes. I have not rushed into a decision as I want to make sure that I go into any new venture with my eyes wide open.

My question, which is what is slowing me down at the moment is should i take my limited company with me or start a new one? I was never sent any paper work reguarding the formation my limited company, which I was told i would recieve from companies house, and they sucessfully ducked out of answering why i never got it. As a result I am unsure as to whether I have a proper limited company to take with me, and I don't really want to spent any more time on hold phoning an 0870 number, as I never get to speak to any one, and don't want them making any more money out of me from their cut of the phone bill

Has anyone else had any experience of this. When i looked up my limited company on the companies house website, i didn't know the registered address and the dates didn't seem to correspond.

Should I just get rid of them and the limited company or pay their £30 fee and take it with me?

thanks for any help

Hiya,

There are ways of looking up the dirtector details of a ltd co, not sure if you can do it on companies house for free but I usually pay for reports. You can do a credit check through CUK here or have a scout around on Google to see where else you can look it up.

If you are listed as the director or shareholder then you need to sort things out! I would speak to an accountant and get professional advice rather than listening to hypotheses and pontification here

If they are listed as the director shareholder etc then start up a new company and walk away! If I am ignorant and missing what MSCs do (do they form the company in your name and manage it for you or are you made shareholder of a large co with other contractors?) then sorry but I have always run own Ltd Co.

Basically find out who the directors / shareholders of the current company are and if it is you then get someone in to help get it sorted is my tuppence worth.
    Last edited by chubba; 12 May 2007, 14:55. Reason: spelling

Comment

thanks for your reply. I did find my name on the companies house website so I guess despite not having the paperwork to prove it, the limited company is set up in my name.

I am going to employ an accountant to help sort it out and will most probably choose one recommended from this site, and hopefully they will be able to help me sort it out.

I think i will choose SJD over the other recomended accountants as I think it would be beneficial to live near my accountant despite being more expensive
      Last edited by kai666; 12 May 2007, 15:37. Reason: left out a word

Comment

Working...
      X