• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

19 Points???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 Points???

How the hell did we even manage that! I've just turned on Sky News to be greeted with the result of the UK's entry for Eurovision. What a complete pile of sh1te! It was embarrasing to watch the news item.

I couldn't tell if they were meant to be airline stewards or Butlins blue coats. Cringe?? Knawing on my own liver would have been less excrutiating. Finishing second from bottom, I cannot fathom for the life of me how the hell it got nominated to represent us.

I know Eurovision is renound as the major European cheese event, but are we now a nation infamous for producing utter kack?? I'll ponder this while I'm walking the dogs this morning.

kay,

what you doing up this early ?

a man of your age should not yet have got home from a wild night out on the town

sort yourself out man

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      kay,

what you doing up this early ?

a man of your age should not yet have got home from a wild night out on the town

sort yourself out man

Milan.
      I'm always up early - two loopy labradors need a walk and the papers to fetch.

Comment

do you live with your mummy and daddy ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          How the hell did we even manage that! I've just turned on Sky News to be greeted with the result of the UK's entry for Eurovision. What a complete pile of sh1te! It was embarrasing to watch the news item.

I couldn't tell if they were meant to be airline stewards or Butlins blue coats. Cringe?? Knawing on my own liver would have been less excrutiating. Finishing second from bottom, I cannot fathom for the life of me how the hell it got nominated to represent us.

I know Eurovision is renound as the major European cheese event, but are we now a nation infamous for producing utter kack?? I'll ponder this while I'm walking the dogs this morning.
          You're lucky! I had to sit with my family and watch the whole tulipe show.

There were only three decent songs, and they came nowhere, but the songs were immaterial anyway. The voting can be predicted with an atlas and a rudimentary knowledge of European politics over the last 100 years. I tell my family this but they still insist on watching the whole fiasco.

We seem to have only have two allies in Europe at the moment, Ireland and Malta. Serbia have loads - all the ex-Yugoslavia nations, plus all the other ex-communist countries. And I assure you, the Serbian song that won was also unmitigated crap.

So I blame Tony Blair for invading Iraq.
          Last edited by wendigo100; 13 May 2007, 08:41.

Comment

Dunno how anyone could watch ever 1 second of it. Saw a picture of our entrants. They reminded me strongly of those brave sailors who got captured in Iraq.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Eurovision gave the world Celine Dion. Enough said...
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                Eurovision gave the world Celine Dion. Enough said...
                By we gave Eurovision Cliff Richard ... 15-all

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  So I blame Tony Blair for invading Iraq.
                  Sadly, this is very true.

Anyway, the trick is to NOT win. The winner has to host the event the next year at their own expense and give away the whole show to the other members for free. The daft Eastern Europeans haven’t figured this out yet.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I'll think you'll find the UK is one of the biggest contributors to Eurovision whether we stage it or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X