• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurovision

What a treat,

It was so cr@p it was funny.

Thank the lord for Terry Wogan as the commentator

His entry line was the best this year, went something like this

"Oh look at this huge crowd of people, one would think something interesting was happening here tonight".

Absolute class

My personal favourites where the Ukranian Verka Seduchka, and I thought the Romanians where pretty good.

HTF the Serbians won is beyond me.
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

It's not the winning, it's the taking part!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
      What a treat,

It was so cr@p it was funny.

Thank the lord for Terry Wogan as the commentator

His entry line was the best this year, went something like this

"Oh look at this huge crowd of people, one would think something interesting was happening here tonight".

Absolute class

My personal favourites where the Ukranian Verka Seduchka, and I thought the Romanians where pretty good.

I sat down with the intention to watch Eurovision all night. Was cracking up whenever Wogan opened his mouth. As soon as the 1st singer opened his mouth I turned to the wife and said are we really doing this. Channel changed I did'nt find out who won until I read metro this morning. Was not going to waste my time watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        It's not the winning, it's the taking part!
        Spoken like a true Yorkshireman!

Comment

Well

I was rooting for the Ukraine as I like Verka Serduchka. Brings back find memories of imbibing far too much vodka as Russian weddings and dancing around like a ****.

The announcer in the pink dress seemingly pulled out of the audience was the perfect cannon fodder for an on form Wogan.

I p!ssed myself.

The only place UK came oput tops was during the voting when they where crossing to the respective capitals to get the results.

Fearne Cotton was the hottest announcer by far.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

All praise to Malta, who gave us 12 points (a George Cross is not enough), and to Ireland, who gave us the 7 points that ensured that they themselves would come last.
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

All praise to Wogan, for treating the whole show as the load of old bollocks that it was!

Comment

Serbia had the votes of all the fellow ex-Yugoslavian states, all the fellow ex-commie states, and any near-neighbours not included in those two.

It was tulipe though!

Comment

I was rooting for the Ukraine as I like Verka Serduchka.
                  I think it's a fat ugly man with heavy makeup rather than a fat ugly woman that you probably assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I think it's a fat ugly man with heavy makeup rather than a fat ugly woman that you probably assumed.
                    I like the lyrics of the russian girls "my bad @ss spinning for you"
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X