• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online games, RPGs etc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online games, RPGs etc?

OK so I've got this sooooped-up PC arriving later this week and I fancy doing a bit of online gaming. I've been out of the gaming world for some years now so can anyone here recommend any good games that'll stretch my new PC?

Mainly something like an RPG or an online RPG.

Oblivion, WOW or Elder Scrolls perhaps?

Company of Heroes - if you like WW2 games, its awesome - they call it RTS but it really not THAT RTS, it's just awesome - I'd say the first game I really enjoy since M&M Dark Messiah, but in terms of RTS it is like first top since Warcraft.

Comment

What's RTS? Yep it's been that long since I last played games seriously!

Can't say I'm really into WW2 games, but wouldn't mind trying it to stretch the PC a bit.

Comment

In the MMORPG genre...
        To "stretch" your PC (but not yourself) , EQ2
        To have fun (and kiss your Real life goodbye), WoW

Comment

Go out and find a girlfirend you geeks
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you like sci-fi - EVE Online is good
            Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Always has been and always will be - Counter Strike Source (apart from the original, pre-source, CS was the best). Het Half Life 2 to learn the moves and then play the CS addon with mates and a few beers.

Far Cry is pretty cool too. Not enough time for games these days though

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Go out and find a girlfirend you geeks
                I do try now and again but my wife and kids don't approve... so I thought I'd try games instead

Comment

Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                    Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat
                    Is this easy enough to get into, and can you play online like one would in Unreal Tournament (that's the 1 game I have played in the past 5 years) ?

Comment

Working...
                    X