• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientology

Panorama looks interesting tonight...exploring the Church of Scientology. Apparently the BBC interviewer got so rattled that he shouts at a Scientologist at one point.

I don't know much about Scientology, except it's connected with aliens called Thetans. And I once got collared outside their office on Tottenham Court Rd and asked to do a test by a pretty young lady. Can't remember what it was supposed to prove though!

Oh, and Tom Cruise is one.

Anyone who shouts at a scientologist is alright by me. If you're bored, look up 'Xenu' (the ancient intergalactic space dictator who has hidden souls in our bodies, that we can be freed of for a not-so-reasonable fee) on wikipedia or just put it into Google.

Comment

Aye there's one born every day.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Scientology

To be fair scientology is described as an "applied religious philosophy" and I think its parables are on a par with Christian Creationism and any any literal religious interperatation in its ludicracy.

I mean believing dinosaurs where dragons and the world was created in 7 days is pretty much on a par with believing that Xenu brought human beings to earth 75 million years ago and nuked them with H bombs.

How is it that believing that Moses parted the Red sea, or Jesus fed 5000 on 5 loaves and two fishes more acceptable than the doctrines of Scientology?
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Enjoy the shouting!

In all fairness he does respond well, suggesting he felt the pressure of brainwashing etc:

Linky

Interested in this kind of stuff so watched some of the videos on YouTube about Scientology, in particular a series of three vids by a bloke who runs XenuTV and tries to show them for what they really are:

Vid 1
          Vid 2
          Vid 3

Looking forward to tonights prog but from the BBC link at the top it looks like a key interview was cancelled when the interviewee's daughter who had "disconncted" her mother made contact solely to get her to ditch the interview.

Brain-washing in full effect. They should be closed down as a culy IMO. Kill them all - let L Ron sort them out

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
            How is it that believing that Moses parted the Red sea, or Jesus fed 5000 on 5 loaves and two fishes more acceptable than the doctrines of Scientology?
            A good point. But the monotheistic religions have been around for centuries. Their origins are lost to us, so you could use ignorance as an excuse. However, the fact that scientology was dreamt up by a bestselling sci-fi author should make even the most gullible a sceptic?

Comment

There's nothing fair about Scientology. They hound all their critics vociferously and have even gone so far as to murder their critics.

See here - http://www.xenu.net/

(And chances are that when this page ends up in Google's search engine, the mods will be asked to remove that link).
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Scientologies would have been on par with other liars and deluded people who follow religions had they not been so aggressive in supressing any truthful information about their activities - if they were blowing themselves and lots of innocent people up then they would even excel one other peace loving religion.

I think Scientology is banned in German for good - in the UK they are not recognised as religion, but even if they were then their behavior of bullying those who speak out against them is totally unacceptable.

Comment

The BBC and Scientologists richly deserve each other
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                    It's not - they're all b*llocks.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X