• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best BBQ to buy - Weber or Outback?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best BBQ to buy - Weber or Outback?

Shortly buying a bbq, and have narrowed down the selection to either the Weber Q300 or an outback 2 burner elite titanium. Both cost about the same and have roughly the same features. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with either of these or can add others to the mix!!!

Whats wrong with those little throw away jobbies from ASDA?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy
      Shortly buying a bbq, and have narrowed down the selection to either the Weber Q300 or an outback 2 burner elite titanium. Both cost about the same and have roughly the same features. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with either of these or can add others to the mix!!!

I have a billyoh flat barbie from here

Very good...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        Whats wrong with those little throw away jobbies from ASDA?

Mailman
        If I was permie, that would be my option!!!!

Comment

No, but I'll be happy to put in an opinionated contribution: if it's not charcoal, it's not a barbecue, it's just an outdor grill.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Wot's all this new-fangled nonsense then? Back in t'day we lit t'fire with 2 bits o'wood and some kindling then cooked the skinned animal we 'ad caught and killed wi' our bare 'ands ...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have the Outback Elite Graphite 3 Burner Flatbed Barbecue and its awesome. I was very much against gas bbq's but since I have had this one with the lava coal I would never go back to the old. A big thumbs up for the Outback from me.

Comment

what is wrong with half an oil drum and a bag of charcoal? For a more sophisticated, and smaller, version try cutting down a beer barrel. You can either cut it a la oil drum, or just take the bottom off to have a nice deep dished fire bowl.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

but, but, but, beer barrels are made from aly and will surely melt, oil drums are made from steel

are you suggesting the beer barrel solution from experience or from a not thought through idea ?

still, give the beer barrel a try and let us know what happens

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    but, but, but, beer barrels are made from aly and will surely melt, oil drums are made from steel

are you suggesting the beer barrel solution from experience or from a not thought through idea ?

still, give the beer barrel a try and let us know what happens

Milan.
                    Have been using the base of one as a fire bowl for at least 15 years (same one). Works a treat. 4 pieces of l shaped steel to rest a grill on and the grill. light weight and simple.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X