• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK police state : even the police is fed up !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK police state : even the police is fed up !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6656411.stm

look at this...

A 70-year-old Cheshire pensioner who was arrested for criminal damage after cutting back a neighbour's conifer trees

Two children from Manchester who were arrested for being in possession of a plastic toy pistol

A child from Kent who was arrested for throwing cream buns at a bus
    And so (s)he should be!

Could have given them to me instead.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Arresting two blokes because one farted in front on a police officer, leading to two court appearances, was a complete waste of public money.

But there are two sides to this. For example, if a kid throws food at people, you can complain to its parents, but if they do nothing, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it unless you get the law involved.

Comment

This has more to do with ease of reaching the targets than anything. It proves what many already think, the police are corrupt. Solving proper crimes takes time and effort, hence the above.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I liked the one about "being in possession of an egg with intent to throw".

I hope nobody looks in my fridge.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            This has more to do with ease of reaching the targets than anything. It proves what many already think, the police are corrupt. Solving proper crimes takes time and effort, hence the above.
            I don't know what muppet set up these targets but surely there should be some form of weighting applied to them. So solving a murder gets more than dropping litter.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
              I don't know what muppet set up these targets but surely there should be some form of weighting applied to them. So solving a murder gets more than dropping litter.
              Well, one should start with arguing about the differences between retributist and utilitarian points of view, and then consider that in a culturally diverse country like the UK then whatever it is should have equal weighting, so yes a cream bun at a bus is equally as bad as murder.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

New Labour - New arty farty bollocks

Comment

Working...
                X