• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor fall guys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor fall guys

.... Just found out that im the FORTH, yes FORTH person to quit this gig over the person ive been assigned as my technical architect.

Bit naff being another in a line of people who have had to deal with this - but at least i dont have to take it personally, and theres some good things lined up back home.

Shame i had to come all the way to a foreign country to find this out on my first ever contract

Originally posted by nucastle
    .... Just found out that im the FORTH, yes FORTH person to quit this gig over the person ive been assigned as my technical architect.

Bit naff being another in a line of people who have had to deal with this - but at least i dont have to take it personally, and theres some good things lined up back home.

Shame i had to come all the way to a foreign country to find this out on my first ever contract
    Vee have vays of vaking you walk...

Comment

Tell us more. What was the guy's problem?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

when did you quit??? thought you were hoping to make it till friday
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Fourth

Unless you are a FORTH programmer. Don't see many of those about these days.

Comment

I probably know him. I worked with a TA who was an absolute spoonbender and, unusually for me, during an exit interview, I mentioned that one of the reasons I was turning down the extension was that I couldn't work with him anymore...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

ahh man ...can't believed you bailed...thought the higher powers talked you into staying..

contractors are in a good proportion of the time called in when tings are badly managed.. so bad management pretty much comes with most gigs.

always cover your back with a paper trail and think about the money.
              Its all about the personal goals!
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Did someone say Technical Architect?!?!

Whats the rate?
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Nah Kramer, ive now realised i just wanna be back home - working away aint for me Plenty of work around that doesnt involve 6 hour trips home at weekends, and having to bunk on flea bitten beds. Ha ha ha.

....... Life's too short to work with people who you dont like, or are making an outright effort to make things difficult

Now wheres my FORTH book.....

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
                    ahh man ...can't believed you bailed...thought the higher powers talked you into staying..

contractors are in a good proportion of the time called in when tings are badly managed.. so bad management pretty much comes with most gigs.

always cover your back with a paper trail and think about the money.
                    Its all about the personal goals!
                    The guy givin the grief is from an external company as well Wierd situation.

The top brass have personally tried everything they can to make me stay - i was offered being able to turn up late on mondays, and leave early on fridays before ..... nah

Comment

Working...
                    X