• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small Laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Laptop

Hi guys

I know nothing about PC's so need some help...

Need a really small and light laptop/notebook that is the sort of thing I can put in my bag and not even know its there...will only be used for work use so doesn't need to be anything flash in terms of graphics or cameras etc but does need to be wireless and have a decent capacity.

This is for use mainly on the move so don;t want to shell out too much cash...

Any thoughts?

Also in the market for a wall mounted 42" plasma/lcd and looking at a Samsung for £700 on Dabs.com which seems pretty good value...

Again, any thoughts?
    Property advisor for the people

Laptop - Sony

Plasma - Pioneer or Panasonic

Comment

Laptop - Lenovo Thinkpad X60 or Dell Lattitude X1
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
        Laptop - Lenovo Thinkpad X60 or Dell Lattitude X1
        P7 - Do Dell still make the X1?
        Was on their website recently but didn't see this on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
          P7 - Do Dell still make the X1?
          Was on their website recently but didn't see this on there.
          Ohh, maybe not then! I was looking at them about 8 months ago, guess they have dropped them.

I guess the next nearest is the d420, I also hear that the Libretto is making a comeback
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
            I also hear that the Libretto is making a comeback
            It made one, and then disappeared again
            Anyway, it wasn't cheap.
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Libretto - That's a Tosh, right?

Not a big fan of their laptops, especially the smaller ones, as they charge a fortune for external devices with proprietary connections.

Oh, and a naff BIOS as well.

Comment

Why not go for a little mac? They are very nice...

And only about £700 inc VAT:
                Macbook

Comment

with the plasma, bear in mind that not all plasma/lcds are FullHD, i.e. 1080p. Id only get a Sony Bravia Plasma myself.

Comment

Originally posted by churkus
                    with the plasma, bear in mind that not all plasma/lcds are FullHD, i.e. 1080p. Id only get a Sony Bravia Plasma myself.
                    Sony only make LCD's.

P.S. Great avvy.

Comment

Working...
                    X