• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telephone interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telephone interviews

Had a telephone interview for a contract last week - not fun without any feedback from the listener. Still - managed to blast through and give the obviously senior chap what he wanted.
    Get a call back from the agent - second interview but with someone from HR ??? What the hell for ?
    So what am I in for ?

Originally posted by lukemg
    Had a telephone interview for a contract last week - not fun without any feedback from the listener. Still - managed to blast through and give the obviously senior chap what he wanted.
    Get a call back from the agent - second interview but with someone from HR ??? What the hell for ?
    So what am I in for ?
    To keep the HR person in a job ?

Comment

So what am I in for ?
      Probably a barrage of pyschometric tests and full medical. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
        Probably a barrage of pyschometric tests and full medical. Good luck.
        cough and drop?!

Comment

If the HR bod is female and a looker, there are other ways to prove everything works...

Comment

So what am I in for ?
            Who knows what they want. May be best to prepare suitale replies to questions about: Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities etc. Tell us what happens, I've got a morbid curiosity.

Comment

Hi there, same situation for me a few weeks back...got the evil HR questions such as 3 strengths, weaknesses, examples of job achievements, how things went wrong and how you handle it, dealing with stress, difficult employees etc etc... my agnecy were kind enough to forward me some standard head mojo questions to get clued up first, most came up. Let me know if you need any to swot up on, pays to know what may crop up

Comment

It's wierd that when companies employ contractors, they still want to put them through the old HR pink and fluffy routines.

I particularly like it when they ask a contractor, "Why do you want to work for Company X ?"
                threenine.co.uk
                Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

What the hell for ?
                  To see if you will 'fit in'!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
                    To see if you will 'fit in'!
                    How does a company fit in with staff?
                    threenine.co.uk
                    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation