• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it OK to call someone a muppet on their contact form?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it OK to call someone a muppet on their contact form?

I got done for not having a train ticket (don't ask) a couple of months back and had to pay a penalty fare of £20.

I paid £3 at the time and then went back and cleared the rest a few days later. Just as well I kept the reciept because I just got a 'notice of intent to prosecute' from Southwest Trains threatening all sorts of this and that if I don't pay up.

So I just contacted them through their contact form on their website quoting all sorts of numbers from the reciept, the exact time and date of the transaction, last 4 digits of the card etc.

I ended the message with "please let me know if you need any more info and get your facts right before sending out threatening letters.

Muppets!"

I won't get in trouble for calling them muppets will I?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

It is never acceptable to call anyone a muppet

The person that processes that form may never recover and may never be able to work again. Then they will sue you. I hope your liability insurance is good for at least a couple of million.

Comment

If anyone asks, just say you meant Miss Piggy - attractive, cuddly, and smart.

But you'd better hope the person reading the comment isn't a muslim, or you're in big trouble..
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Nope, they are muppets. At least you didn't threaten them with violence or use naughty swear words - that might have got you in trouble...

Comment

I once got a parking ticket and deluged their email address with "feck off you cn*t" emails...

mind you I wasn't silly enough to use my own email adsress - my ip address was dynamnic which helped a bit too.

IMO they will do nothing for being called muppets - I would forget about it.
          Last edited by BrilloPad; 16 May 2007, 05:48. Reason: **** came out as ****

Comment

If they have a go at you for calling them muppets you can counter sue for them accusing you of theft as implied by their intent to prosecute.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It should be actively encouraged.

Comment

Working...
              X