• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Holiday Tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Holiday Tomorrow

Well its a public holiday tomorrow, not too sure which religious one but its also known as Fathers Day here and is therefore an excuse for men of all ages to get righteously ratted (Friday is taken off as a 'bridging day') I personally shall be going here:

http://www.ludwigshoehe-darmstadt.de/

at lunchtime where I shall proceed to drink lots of beer and then fall down the hill on the way back (to the pub.)

Have a jolly day working
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt
    Well its a public holiday tomorrow, not too sure which religious one but its also known as Fathers Day here and is therefore an excuse for men of all ages to get righteously ratted (Friday is taken off as a 'bridging day') I personally shall be going here:

http://www.ludwigshoehe-darmstadt.de/

at lunchtime where I shall proceed to drink lots of beer and then fall down the hill on the way back (to the pub.)

Have a jolly day working
    Do you have children?

Comment

Is called 'Kristi Himmelfarts'. All my clients have invited me to their parties tonight: Danes start a celebration the night before you see, allows more drinking time I suppose.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
        Do you have children?
        Yep, but he'll be sitting at home but if required I could probably pick up a couple of Albanian orphans.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Is called 'Kristi Himmelfarts'. All my clients have invited me to their parties tonight: Danes start a celebration the night before you see, allows more drinking time I suppose.
          Thats the one, Ascension Day. We have another one coming up at the end of the month, Whit Monday (Pfingstmontag) and then June there's Corpus Christi. I shall also start drinking this early evening as I'll be leaving work early to beat the mad rush on the A81, A6 and A67.

Comment

bah! Catholic clap-trap...

(jealous... )

Comment

Holiday here as as well darmstadt. And since everyone here will be taking the 'bridge' that'll be Friday off as well. It's nice to have a 4 day weekend once in a while...and May seems to be full of them.

Pfingstmontag=Pinkstermaandag in Dutch by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
                Holiday here as as well darmstadt. And since everyone here will be taking the 'bridge' that'll be Friday off as well. It's nice to have a 4 day weekend once in a while...and May seems to be full of them.

Pfingstmontag=Pinkstermaandag in Dutch by the way.

Comment

Not surprised you're tired mate, what with all that posting. Don't worry though, you can put your feet up tomorrow cause it's a holiday.

Comment

Ascension Day

Since last year celebration of Ascension has been moved to the nearest Sunday so it no longer has the potential to be a mid-week holy day of obligation in the UK catholic church.

I just thought you might like to know that.

Comment

Working...
                    X