• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving up smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving up smoking

Hi All,

I'm trying to pack in the fags today (for the umpteenth time!)

I was just wonderring how everyone was getting on who packed in at New Year?

Cheers,
    Sal
    The pope is a tard.

You should give up, or it will give you chest pains.

Comment

Just for today? Shouldn't be too hard plus you get to look forward to having 20 Senior Service tomorrow.

Comment

DOn't forget your metabolism will drop and hence you will gain weight.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          DOn't forget your metabolism will drop and hence you will gain weight.
          Oh **** off.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Oh **** off.
            Yup, that someone who's just stopped smoking alright.

Comment

I gave up about 3 years ago and didn't find it too dificult. For me it was about working out what it was that made you want to have a cig. Most of this was down to habits, which once you are aware of, you can deal with. An odd one I had was when I got to a speed camera on the a40. I knew if I sparked up there that I had enough time to smoke my cig before getting to work. After I gave up I'd get cravings for a cig when I hit that part of the a40. Another was when I went out. Normally I'd get my beer, sit down and spark up. Becuase I wasn't sparking up, I'd start drinking. As a result I kept getting seriously pi55ed as I was drinking far too quickly.

It also helps if you give up with somebody else. My wife smoked more than I did and we picked a day to stop on and that was it. We had the agreement that if one started again then the other could. It worked pretty well. My wife used the patches which I got cheap courtesy of GSK and I did it cold turkey.

Her mum gave up shortly after and was hypnotised to do it. She could puff her way through 40 a day and had done since she was little.

You do add weight though. I am now a right fat b@st@rd!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Oh **** off.
                You need a ciggie to calm your nerves!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

why is giving up smoking linked with weight gain?

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    why is giving up smoking linked with weight gain?
                    Because your metabolism will drop.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X