• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Class system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class system

How does the class system work. As in working, middle, upper. It's not purely financial is it? What is an easy way of defining what class someone belongs to?

Originally posted by XTC
    How does the class system work. As in working, middle, upper. It's not purely financial is it? What is an easy way of defining what class someone belongs to?
    By asking the question you are obviously an oik.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      By asking the question you are obviously an oik.
      I hate you. I'm an Aussie and I don't understand a lot of things. We don't have a clearly defined class system really.

Comment

middle class is funniest, anyone with a mortgage, therefore a 'home owner' is middle class, but what these idiot's don't understand is that anybody not able to live off a private income is still poor !

in my book, doesn't matter if you earn 200k per year or 20k per year, you're still poor, the rich are really rich

Milan.

Comment

I think you're born into the upper class, the rest are navigatable if you have a brain. I would class someone who has a degree and earns over £50k gross as middle class. I've met rich working class people who worked they're ass off to get where they are (in retail say), with not much education but they remain working class.
          Last edited by Diestl; 16 May 2007, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
            I hate you. I'm an Aussie and I don't understand a lot of things. We don't have a clearly defined class system really.
            All Aussies are Oiks. So that's two pointers so far.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC

That's because you all descend from theives, cads, dolts and other sneaky rotters who were shipped out by us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                That's because you all descend from theives, cads, dolts and other sneaky rotters who were shipped out by us.
                And animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                  Hey just because you live in Loughborough, you think you're better than everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                    Hey just because you live in Loughborough, you think you're better than everyone else!
                    Living in Loughborough is not a reason to think you're better than everybody else. Have you ever ever been to Loughborough? Do you pronounce the name like one Assie I met some years ago who called it Looga Barooga?

Nothing personal, XTC, but nearly every Aussie bloke I've ever met seems to have an inbuilt sense of self arrogance and borish outlook on life. I think I'd find more culture in a pot of yogurt.

When you've met enough who all seem the same, it's not hard to beleive you're all like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X