• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't mention the war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mention the war

I got rolled over with panzers twice yesterday on "Mortain" mission of Company of Heroes where you have to defend hill and lots more territory against German tank and infantry assaults - bloody hard thing as they don't give you time to make up proper defences, darned krauts roll you over with tanks from multiple directions, once they break through inside the hill you are as good as dead... and best part is this: you have to defend for 30 mins, which is doable, I did it twice, mission ends and you think its over... but next mission is continuation of this one with same forces you had left (almost none) and krauts come with lots more tanks to finish you off!!!

Ah, that's what you get for playing an arcade game.

You know what real men play.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      I got rolled over with panzers twice yesterday on "Mortain" mission of Company of Heroes where you have to defend hill and lots more territory against German tank and infantry assaults - bloody hard thing as they don't give you time to make up proper defences, darned krauts roll you over with tanks from multiple directions, once they break through inside the hill you are as good as dead... and best part is this: you have to defend for 30 mins, which is doable, I did it twice, mission ends and you think its over... but next mission is continuation of this one with same forces you had left (almost none) and krauts come with lots more tanks to finish you off!!!
      FFS Get a life. Start with a bird.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You should try it Luficer - I know it is not that advanced, but graphically it is stunning totally, and missions really keep you on your toes - I have not experienced such gameplay ever since I played original Dune 2

Real-time element is excellent there.

Comment

Real time's okay for a minor diversion (when Mrs Lucifer's not looking) but I prefer a more in-depth challenge. Nice graphics are an added bonus but gameplay is king.

Comment

Look, take my word for - this is excellent stuff, graphics and physics used in the game are stunning - say buildings can be taken by infantry and you can shoot them down and they actually fall like real building would

Gameplay is excellent, I'd never think it would work for WW2 game, but they really made it super - especially when you have to defend from multiple directions like on that and other maps, this way it is really tough

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Look, take my word for - this is excellent stuff, graphics and physics used in the game are stunning - say buildings can be taken by infantry and you can shoot them down and they actually fall like real building would

Gameplay is excellent, I'd never think it would work for WW2 game, but they really made it super - especially when you have to defend from multiple directions like on that and other maps, this way it is really tough
              If you are man enough try beating me at monkey snowfight!!!

http://www.miniclip.com/games/monkey-snowfight/en/
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Battlefield 2 - Now that is a game worth playing!

Comment

Arcade crap - try Red Orchestra Ost Front instead.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    You are clearly defending like a Russian. Try adopting a western mindset, we never had much trouble trouncing the square-heads.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X