• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obscene

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obscene

How is this art?? And how is it worth $73 million

Link

Originally posted by Barriebazg
    how is it worth $73 million
    Because someone was willing to pay that

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
      Because someone was willing to pay that
      OK fair response I guess!! Why the f**k would someone want to spend that sort of money on that then? Just purely cos they can I assume.

Comment

It's a bit like buying a BMW over a Skoda, you're paying for the name...

Plus - those Rothko paintings are f***ing massive, it probably only works out at $10 a square cm
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Somebody is currently paying £x hundred per day for my code so it would be churlish of me to comment.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

it's the sort of painting you find in offices...or replicated in Ikea...

Comment

Normally what happens is that pot-head artist who made it dies from starvation in your age, and his collection of "works" get acquired on the cheap by someone else who after many decades of wait will make a killing on resale of said arts.

Comment

Love the Francis Bacon - he is one of my all time fave's.

You ever seen a Rothko "in the flesh"? Do you understand it's importance in the world of art?

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
                  Somebody is currently paying £x hundred per day for my code so it would be churlish of me to comment.
                  I add liberal comments.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Barriebazg
                    How is this art?? And how is it worth $73 million

Link
                    If you need to ask you'll never know ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X