• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ffs!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ffs!!!!!

I started a new gig 6 weeks ago. Agency's normal T&Cs said I needed to provide a passport copy. Swiftly told them not necessary as I'm a ltd co.

Now I've had some bint on the phone to me twice this week chasing for a passport copy and also a copy of my company bank statement to prove they are not paying me into a persopnal bank account.

Apparently they must have this information for auditing purposes when Manpower (whatever the feck they are/it is) visit.

Has anyone else had to put up with this sh1te? What would be your response be?

Passport copy...would say no but if pressed I guess there is no harm done...

Copy of Bank Statement...no way! Offer to swap yours for theirs!
    Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
      Copy of Bank Statement...no way! Offer to swap yours for theirs!

Yeah copy of passport not too bad but no chance with the bank statement. Follow Vito's advice, see if they want to swap!!

Comment

I recently heard that it is illegal to make a copy of a passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box

Really, where did you hear/read that?

Comment

Don't see what the problem is really. Clients (Employers) get fined for employing illegal immigrants and they need to to the relevant checks to make sure you're legitimate.

Because most contractors are in reality permatemps via agencies, most clients apply employment laws to them, including the checking of passports etc.

If you're actually a real contractor engaged directly (minus the agency) then expect a whole load more due diligence such as D & B checks etc on your Ltd. Clients can ask for whatever they want to if they're engaging your Ltd - diversity policy, health and safety, ethical procurement etc

Comment

Sorry I am not an expert on this topic, but if you need to know anything about the dole then fire away...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                its also illegal to copy copyrighted cds and DVDs.

FWIW!
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Barriebazg
                  Really, where did you hear/read that?

As far as I'm aware, being a ltd co requires my company to verify I am eligible to work in the UK, not the agency.

I'm tempted just to 'forget' the request. It's only a 3 month gig and they can't refuse to pay me since they already have paid me without the info they requested.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Sorry I am not an expert on this topic, but if you need to know anything about the dole then fire away...

where do you get really cheap lager?

Comment

Working...
                    X