• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wireless sky!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless sky!

Hi All,

This is probably bloke talk, but I'm going to try anyway....my other half has got this funky system in the house where all our tele's access sky wirelessly.

We've got these little box things which hook up to our tele's and they all pick up sky from our sky box in the back room downstairs.

Anyway...(hopefully yous all followed that!)...lately we seem to be getting loads of interferance. All our tv's keep flickerring and it's getting to be a right pain in the arse. All we can think of is that maybe next door have bought an Xbox or something stupid like that which is interfering with the sky signal?

Have any of yous came accross similar problems?
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Hi All,

This is probably bloke talk, but I'm going to try anyway....my other half has got this funky system in the house where all our tele's access sky wirelessly.

We've got these little box things which hook up to our tele's and they all pick up sky from our sky box in the back room downstairs.

Anyway...(hopefully yous all followed that!)...lately we seem to be getting loads of interferance. All our tv's keep flickerring and it's getting to be a right pain in the arse. All we can think of is that maybe next door have bought an Xbox or something stupid like that which is interfering with the sky signal?

Have any of yous came accross similar problems?
    Try to avoid standing directly in front of your sky dish, Sal, everything will then be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Try to avoid standing directly in front of your sky dish, Sal, everything will then be fine.
      and also
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

...the microwave interferes with mine....

Comment

is that box thingy a, 'media extender' ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Hi All,

How do you think eveybody else access it?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              is that box thingy a, 'media extender' ?

Milan.
              I dont know. Its a small metalic box, about the size of a dvd box set, and it has a button for different frequencies, and an on/off button.

Thats about all I know about it, apart from the fact that it makes sky come on my tele!

Yes, our microwave really makes it go nuts, but this latest one is just an annoying little heartbeat...it drives us mad! We switched off every single electrical device in the house last night and it still happenned!

He's away into town now to try and buy something better, if something better exists!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
                How do you think eveybody else access it?

tim
                Through plugging their TV into their sky box.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

My cordless phone used to bugger mine up. Shagged the wireless LAN up too.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

If you can't find a way round it, you can run a second coax cable from the back of the Sky box. It does have to be enabled in the setup menu though, but there are instructions on the internets. I'd normally google it for you, but I actually have something to do today.

Comment

Working...
                    X