• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Ticket Worth Appealing ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Ticket Worth Appealing ?

I ended up getting a parking ticket on my car this afternoon, my car was parked right outside my house, even says it on parking ticket. I want to appeal but not sure if its a waste of time as I would appeal on ground of reasonablness as apposed to saying I technically didnt commit an offence.

Between 11am and 12pm (1hr) you have to have a permit to park in the space, its right outside my house, I have the permit but its on misses car. I had to park outside the house today as builders using drive. There was no other parking avaliable so had to park outside my house. Kept eye on car but sods law the 5 mins I didnt check I got the ticket. Warden still there so I explained situation but he wasnt having it. Thing is the 11am to 12pm no parking without permit rule is cr*p the road does not need it at all.

Is it worth appealing on the ground the restriction time is useless and serves no purpose and I was in fact a resident and had no where else to park ? Fine is £75 upto £150 if not paid in 14 days.

Getting a parking ticket for parking outside your house ******* sucks !

Should of stabbed him. Everyone is way too reasonable with these people. They need putting out of their misery, for the good of the community at large.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Tough luck. Appealing might be worth a try, but you may lose more than £75 worth of your time in doing so.

In future do as I did and move to a private road.

Comment

Pay the £75 and forget about it.

Even if you had grounds for appeal (which you don't), then you should still pay up because it will go up to £150 if you lose.

By the way, where do you live that has £150 parking tickets?! Last ticket I got was £100 in Westminster.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Put it down as a business expense, works for me.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
            Put it down as a business expense, works for me.
            Only because you've not had an audit.

tim

Comment

Do they take a picture of the inside of your car?

If not, just claim the permit (your wife's) which you can show them - was there all along - 'the warden must have just overlooked it'

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
                Do they take a picture of the inside of your car?

If not, just claim the permit (your wife's) which you can show them - was there all along - 'the warden must have just overlooked it'

yup that works, I've done this before with a season parking ticket, forgot to put the new one in the car, so I showed them the copty of the new one wich was within the date of getting the fine, so they let me off the fine and said sorry....
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
                  Pay the £75 and forget about it.

Even if you had grounds for appeal (which you don't), then you should still pay up because it will go up to £150 if you lose.

By the way, where do you live that has £150 parking tickets?! Last ticket I got was £100 in Westminster.
                  No, it is frozen whilst your dispute is investigated. in the event that your claim is thrown out you normally get 2 weeks to pay before the fine doubles

Comment

what is so special about 11am-12pm? why that particular 1 hour?

Comment

Working...
                    X