• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with voice recognition software.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with voice recognition software.

A mate is trying to get Naturally Speaking v5 to work on her computer without success. She uses a Sony digital dictaphone.

Any ideas?

SHOUT VERY LOUDLY!!!

Speak all proper like.

S p e a k v e r y s l o w l y.

Any help?

Comment

She's done all of those.

Any more ideas?

Comment

good quality sound makes all the difference

How good is the sound quality on the dictaphone ? How is it connected ?

try recording something from the dictaphone onto the PC then play it back through the PC speakers - how does it sound ?

Putting a decent microphone (NOT the one supplied with the software which must have cost them all of 20p) on made all the difference last time I looked at this.

Is it a decent spec machine ? lots of processor and memory?

Also isnt v5 quite old now ?

Comment

Re: good quality sound makes all the difference

I'll check all this - Ta Mark.

She's about to buy the latest Via Voice and I'm going over to check it all out.

Comment

Re: good quality sound makes all the difference

Check things like audio levels etc. How is she connecting the dictaphone to the PC? is there a problem in the fact that the DP may be mono?

Comment

Working...
            X