• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are You As Thick As.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You As Thick As.......

Modern secondary school maths teachers?

My mate this week suggested to 15 year old son that he ask his maths teacher the solution to 1/0 (one divided by zero)

What do you think the answer should be?

Some say you cannot divide by zero, but I always prefer the infinity answer. Are there any more?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae

My mate this week suggested to 15 year old son that he ask his maths teacher the solution to 1/0 (one divided by zero)

AFAIK, one cannot divide by zero...
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Anything - all you need to do is intercept interrupt #0 using assembly code, and when it happens you can ignore exception and just stuff into register anything you like.

Personally I preferred INT 21h.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae

so what did the teacher say?!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Some say you cannot divide by zero, but I always prefer the infinity answer. Are there any more?
            Of course it's infinity. First principle of integral calculus.
            Mmmm! Bite me off a bit of that!

Comment

6?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2704
                6?
                microsoft say you cannot divide by zero
                whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by Geek_Bird
                  Of course it's infinity. First principle of integral calculus.
                  No it's not.

The actual value is undefined, but that's not what the question is.

I think the teacher's response depends if they are old or new labour.

old: "The value is determined by a vote of the workers."

new: "Since 1997, zero has not been involved in any division as it was under the previous Tory administration. Everyone now lives in harmony."
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

0/0 is more interesting. Is it one, zero, or infinity?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X