• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This has to be stopped.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be stopped.

A growing number of police forces are pressing for a blanket ban on pubs and clubs serving drinks in wine, spirit or beer glasses, in the hope of reducing injuries caused by people using them as weapons.
    Telegraph

I am lost for words.
    Drivel is my speciality

how come there is such a problem as this on the mainland ?

Milan.

Comment

Britain is possibly the only country in the world that uses the word "Glass" as a Verb.....
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

'If they want my glass they can take it from my cold dead hand'

-Eternal Heston

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
          Telegraph

I am lost for words.
          Maybe we should stop blaming a substance created in the process of fermentation from some people proving that neanderthal man is not that far removed from the current model.

Ditto a pigs bladder from being responsible for the same

Comment

It is pretty obvious that people get more violent and reckless when drunk though isn't it.
            All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Has to be said that I hate drinking beer from a plastic cup/bottle, it just doesn't taste the same (and no I can't explian why, it just doesn't).

I think it is a sad state of affairs when police are trying to ban things like glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                I think it is a sad state of affairs when police are trying to ban things like glasses.
                Bar stewards! I need my glasses for driving.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

This is another example of collective punishment or constraints because of the errant behaviour of a tiny minority. Just like the idiotic rules for carry-on luggage, street cameras everywhere and other oppressive regulations, we have allowed ourselves to imprisoned without the slightest word of protest.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

It doesn't help that bars/clubs etc continue to serve alcohol to people who are already intoxicated.

I thought that in itself was an offence?

Comment

Working...
                    X