• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket

Do you think we can get them out, or will the rain interfere?

Why didn't we declare earlier yesterday?

p.s. I am a cricket novice, so accept no warranties for the intelligence of any of the above....

Originally posted by Burdock
    Do you think we can get them out, or will the rain interfere?

Why didn't we declare earlier yesterday?

p.s. I am a cricket novice, so accept no warranties for the intelligence of any of the above....

cant believe we didn't give ourselves at least 30 minutes at the end of play.
    We are way too cautious. We need to learn from the aussies. Win or Bust
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Do-able
      But a big ask. We should have declared earlier and had a good crack last evening whilst. We are far too cautious. I understand not loosing the first test is a must though with the weather the way it is a draw is in the offing.
      "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony
        We should have declared earlier and had a good crack last evening whilst. We are far too cautious.
        No, it was common sense with the bowling attack we had left - one and a half test bowlers.

Hoggard was injured and couldn't bowl, Harmison was bowling filth, and Plunkett was bowling semi-filth. Panesar cannot do it on his own.

Against that attack, if the weather forecasters had been wrong, the West Indies might have got anything under 400.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          No, it was common sense with the bowling attack we had left - one and a half test bowlers.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
          X