• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The true cost of bouncing a cheque

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The true cost of bouncing a cheque

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6507865.stm

Truly gob-smacking

Originally posted by Kyajae
    Old News - the money programme came to a figure of £2.50.

Mind you the article is wrong. One case has come to court, unfortunatly the judge ruled in favour of the Bank - judging that the charges were in fact a charge for a service (legal), rather than a fine (illegal). Mind you I am struggling to work out the 'service' that one is paying for.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
      Mind you I am struggling to work out the 'service' that one is paying for.

it's a pimping charge. we're paying for being taken up the jacksie. (which I suppose £25 is quite reasonable for)

Comment

I got a charge last month for going £10 over my overdraft and noticed in the letter that my bank have stopped calling it a "penalty charge" its now an "INFORMAL OVERDRAFT REVIEW"

Crafty sods.

Comment

Hahaha..crafty bastards!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
          X